Firefighters rescue Nantwich man

Firefighters rescued a Nantwich man from a kitchen fire in his home.

Two fire engines from Nantwich and one from Crewe turned out to the incident at around 12.12am on Monday September 11 at the address in Hospital Street.

The man was rescued by firefighters after they discovered a fire in the kitchen of the first floor apartment.

Officers have since offered safety advice after it was found the fire was caused by cooking left unattended.

A Cheshire Fire Service spokesman said: “One man was rescued by firefighters after a fire in the kitchen of a first floor flat.

“Firefighters, two in breathing apparatus, set up a covering jet while crews in breathing apparatus carried out a further search of the flat.

“Cordons were set up around the building while the flat was cleared of smoke and the fire confirmed to be out.

“The roof space was also checked using a thermal imaging camera to make sure there was no fire spread.

“This fire was caused by cooking left unattended.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Powered by WordPress | Designed by: Email Search